Saturday, February 10, 2007

Love, Sweet Love


Valentines day is on the horizon and instead of seeing stars i am seeeing hearts. One might wonder why i am so excited for a christian celebration. I am all for the celebrations whether it be Christian, Buddhist, sikh or even scientology(I wonder what sort of days they have-chemistry day, I have to call Tom and ask). Its an excuse to party and make merry. Plus I really do have faith in the concept behind Valentines days. Bless you! Saint Valentine. Its a chance to celebrate "love" for crying out loud(Idy i love you).

For the first time in 23 years i have someone to celebrate Valentines with. Sorry bqwas, dad and abe you aint getting Valentines day cards from a very sad me. Infact i'll be floating in the air with the love of my life.

I have a thing or two to say at people who think that Valentines day is just another day. I mean yeah "Duh"it is obviously just another day. Just like Eid and New Years is just another day. It is the name we give to a 24 hr period. But since theres a clear label and theme to it why shouldnt we celebrate it. Well i know why some of us might be like "Valentines day ewww Crap", its b'cos theres nobody to celebrate it with beleive you me, i was there since forever. But i still sent out cards to all the men in my life, dad n the hunky sexy brothers of mine. You should get up offfa that couch and try it too (watching reruns of "Bridget Jones's Diary" aint gonna lift up your spirits at all)

Heres a lil heads up....DJ Manal is going to be setting your soles(yes the soles of your feet) on fire this Wednesday at Skippy. Guess who is going to be there on the dance floor dressed in red? Well me. And i want all of yall to come and celebrate "LOVE" with me.(Chikungunya, chicken pox, soar eyes, Bird flu, dengue and measles please leave Idy n me alone)


Heres my theme song for the night


Artist: Alanis Morissette

LyricsSong:Let's Do It (Let's Fall In Love) Lyrics


birds do it, bees do it

even educated fleas do it let's do it,

let's fall in love

in spain, the best upper sets do

it lithuanians and lets do it let's do it,

let's fall in love

the dutch in old amsterdam do it

not to mention the finns folks in siam do it

think of siamese twins some argentines,

without means, do it

people say, in boston, even beans do it

let's do it, let's fall in love

romantic sponges, they say, do itoysters, down in oyster bay, do itlet's do it, let's fall in love

cold cape cod clams, against their wish, do it

even lazy jellyfish do itlet's do it, let's fall in love

electric eels, i might add, do it

though it shocks 'em, i know.why ask if shad do it

waiter, bring me shad roe. in shallow shoals, english soles do it

goldfish, in the privacy of bowls, do it

let's do it, let's fall in love

7 comments:

Unknown said...

aaaaaah! too bad, i'm not so into Valentine's.. isn't it the Americans??! u know i describe it more like a 'Red Rose'... Sorry, i juz don't like the day too much.. (perhaps, i could give another Red Rose to my gf with a sweet note saying "hey, it is Valentines day and thats why u got this rose".. that could go well.. i guess)

Unknown said...

an hey i'm not say it Crap.. ;)
I like ya theme song though!! Have fun at Skippy! Like i've sed i'll celebrate with a red rose clipped with a sweet card.. :)

Princess nyssa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Princess nyssa said...

hey ammadz go ahead with the rose and card idea...its pretty sweet...i mean not errone has to be overtly excited as moi...i celebrate two of my birthdays just for the heck of it...heheh ITS A CELEBRATION BITCHES -Rick james

hamzah said...

Hell yeah! Love's worth celebratin'. I've been out of a relationship with a newfound respect for love. I've found that I need it as much as anyone.

So love, where are you waiting?
In dark and smoky rooms I hear you singing
To me
Love let my voice take you
and the songs we make will
be so different than before.

Unknown said...

Not a very Valentine day person here, ahh yes it might be the fact I dont have anyone to celebrate it with thats speaking..:D

Either way, I dont see why it has to be a particular day.Why not everyday, umm thats going a bit far but u get my drift right?

I am all for celebration of love. I just dont see why men should be given a reason or an excuse and permission to lavish us with love on a few selected days.They should be doing it constantly..

As for celebration and partying and fun any excuse is good.. should start celebrating supari day,killi day,cake day,cream banas day.. Hell I am nostalgic now.. good old school days :D

Princess nyssa said...

You can say that again Shanooo.......they should shower us with love every day(my honey bunny does i dont know what i did to deserve him). i know you are gonna find someone extra special cos you are such a sweet heart(kamiyaabu anheney meehama abadhu geleynee bitunaa ekee
i'd like to have a Supari day since its become something i cant live without...bqwas it is so sweet that you know what love is all about and at such a "tender" age...