Friday, February 16, 2007

Lil Bangladesh


Aloha peeps, didja miss me?


Oooh i lurrve fridays i had so much fun...enough sleep, tanning and a dip in a blue lagoon with my baby.

But on Thursday night i had the most terrifying nightmare. There i was walking on a long stretch of road, when a faceless friend came on a motor bike. For some strange reason i asked my friend to let me have a spin on it. Strange you ask, well I dont even know how to ride a bike properly so its not the most natural thing for me to do. but hell! I'm talking about a dream so its all hunky dory. I got on it started driving, just enjoying myself until i took what was a wrong turn and ended up in a dark alley. Out of nowehere there appeared a bangladeshi guy there was no one around and the guy looked so creepy i started pushing the accelerator(in my dream the accelerator was the right pedal, in real life i have no idea). But everytime i looked behind to see if I'd lost the scarey stranger he was running right behind me. Suddenly the stupid bike stopped and the man was all smiles. He was reaching out to touch me when i woke up. I was so fucking scared my heart was racing.........the stupid nigtmare was almost too real. I had to be reassured a thousand times over by my baby before i could lay me down to sleep. It still makes me sick and gives me shivers when i think about the dream. Thank god i woke up when i had otherwise i might have had a permenant psychological effect.

If you follow my blog you might know i get dreams that materiliaze. (I am doing all i can to avoid this latest addition coming true....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek). but as i was walking to my boyfriends house (with my headphones on -let the music play remix) i found that i was an alien in my own home town. Beleive it or not but i was the only maldivian on the road. bangaldeshi's, tamils and Thai folk as far as the eye could see....

In the past foreign workers didnt have the balls to even look at us with bad intentions. Instead they were satisfied with holding hands with their co workers regardless of their gender(i just had to add that). but now since they outnumbers us they hoot and gape and drool and even beat themselves off in public.......................Seriously it wont be long before they start violating and raping us(there already have been cases). That would be the day i pack up and leave Male' for good.

And the saddest part is that theres no solution. More work sites and more development means more foreign employees. there is no proper screening process so we dont know how many child molesters, rapists and serial killers we are welcoming here with open arms.


Alas! i cannot write anymore my hands are giving up on me....


Ciao


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Try some anti-dream pills, head that works well.. :).. Good one, actually there is a screening process but can it be any straight and clear when there is hell of 'Politics'... btw, we, Maldivians need to gear up a bit.. perhaps a lot..

Princess nyssa said...

Well i aint very fond of western medication i maybe unholy but i am very holistic when it comes to my health.....screening my ass ammadz my office has an employment section and i see how they screen em....Right on bout the gearing up. I have invested in a mighty healthy boyfriend and dont go out at night without him..

Unknown said...

ooh!! thats too bad then, try some meditation b4 u killed ya self in da bed.. :)
Well, i agree with you.. there are quite some recruiting ppl juz like that.. but the point is some one (anhaa, the gov't? i doubt it) need to implement a system.. btw, there WAS this Police Clearance thingy earlier which is not required anymore.. "One point to Golhabo.." (Nyssa, sorry abt being a bit politics..)
Hey, DO NOT walk alone.. Late night creepers are taking the day shift these days.. juz tc of yaself.. Cheerz

hamzah said...

Hate to be serious boo but I think our Bangla brothers and sisters need to be treated more like human beings and less like pack mules for us to solve this problem. Poor things build up so much sexual energy with hardly a legal avenue for release. Maybe if they were actually given the free time and entertainment of their choice as we are then they'd be less inclined towards anti-social behavior (i'm not saying that they all are).

All things said and done, there is no excuse for public rudeness. Unless it involves old women who laugh just because i choose to wear an unbuttoned shirt over my wife-beater T. Especially when said old woman is wearing a Burugaa which is equally as unconventional for a warm climate as dressing in layers. At least I do it with style you cheap Nylon-wearing whore!!!!.

Oh wait. Yeah. Don't touch my sister anyone. Or else!!!!

aysaquana said...

god hurl been there!!
i was in the hospital the other day and iwas sitting in the cair row thingy all alone by the way and BAM
8 bangaalhees come and surround me and there like talking to each other leaning and shit and over my head..
thank god i had the cold i cudnt smell shit!
POWER TO THE COLD YEA :)

Princess nyssa said...

hehehehehehehe! Power to the cold hell yeah........mwah