Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Construction Site


No matter where I go I can't escape the sound

Of constant construction work, banging all around!!

The smell of wet wood wax on the floor

Or the hinging and Unhinging of a door

The dust and fumes are making me sick

I can't stand the sight of another brick


Its a real concrete jungle out here

Buildings coming up in full gear

I need some peace and quiet please

Oh!! will this clutter ever seize

Tell me what do my friend

I don't beleive this will ever end


I guess I'll have to fly away

If I want to find some peace today

God!! send me an all expense paid trip

Or else one of these days I will surely flip

I hate all this noise its killing me

Mute the construction and set my ears free


Amen!!

(I hope greenday performs this song-a girl can dream can't she?!!)


No comments: